Sterling silver is one of the most popular metals for jewellery making because of its versatility, malleability, and beautiful lustrous shine. Sterling silver is unique and if maintained and taken care of, it can last for a long time.
All You Wanted to Know About Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is actually composed of 92.5% pure silver and the other 7.5% is made of various other metals. Usually it’s copper but sometimes there are other metals involved in the mix. Sterling silver allows for affordability, since pure silver can be incredibly expensive, and durability, because pure silver is too soft to be fully functional.
What You Should Know About Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is a beautiful metal but isn’t quite as expensive as white gold or platinum. This makes it a popular choice for jewellery because it helps you to stick to your budget. Sterling silver also matches virtually any outfit, making it a popular choice strictly due to its versatility.
how to prevent Sterling silver from oxidizing?
Sterling silver can sometimes appear tarnished when it oxidizes. This can be prevented by storing your jewellery in a moisture-free case, which can be ensured by using silica gels or some other form of moisture prevention. Additionally, avoid wearing your sterling silver jewellery in chlorinated pools, hot tubs, or even around household cleaners. This will minimize the possibility of tarnish. Polishing your sterling silver regularly can also make it last longer. To avoid scratches, be sure to use a polish that is specifically made for sterling silver jewellery, and use a soft cloth. When cleaning, it is also equally important not to clean in a circular motion as this can make any dirt or tarnish worse. Instead, use a sterling silver-specific cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water, as long as the piece doesn’t have any purposeful oxidation.
Solo Mio’s Promise
We at Solo Mio understand that you want quality, fashionable jewellery that is going to last and reflect your personality. Our jewellery is sure to please because it comes directly from the fashion capital, Milan, so it is guaranteed to be current and trendy. We also offer the highest-quality gold plating; our jewellery does not chip and does not discolor your skin. We also know how important it is to feel secure in your investments so we offer a one-year warranty on all of our jewellery in case anything happens.